The crusting and crunchy vegetable rolls sound extremely delicious to serve at every snack table. These can be also used as a takeaway lunch, and their nutritional content makes them super rich and healthy for the children’s lunch boxes. Unlike other vegetable rolls, we are sharing today are famous for their crusted coasting on the outside and a crunchy vegetable filling on the inside. The tricky part is to prepare the roll crepes, so carefully follow each of its steps, and the rest will get super easy. For a better crispy texture, coat the prepared rolls right before frying in the hot oil.
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Water
- Cooking Oil (to grease)
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetable (stir-fried)
- ¼ cup Flour
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Water
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil (to deep fry)
Easy Vegetable Roll Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 223IU4%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Add ½ cup milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp sugar, and ¼ tsp salt to a bowl or jug then beat this mixture well using a hand mixer until the egg is completely incorporated.½ cup Milk, 1 Egg, 1 tsp Sugar, ¼ tsp Salt
- Take 1 cup flour in another glass bowl and pour in the milk-egg mixture. Use the hand mixer to mix it well until it forms a thicks batter. Add ½ water to the batter to get pancake batter-like consistency.1 cup Flour, ½ cup Water
- Brush a suitable non-stick skillet with cooking oil and place it over medium heat.Cooking Oil
- Now pour ¼ cup batter into the hot pan and spread it evenly into a thin crepe using a spatula. Make sure it is evenly spread on all sides. Cook this crepe for 1 minute per side until it gets firm. Transfer this crepe to a plate and work on the remaining batter to make more crepes.
Roll with Vegetable Filling:
- Now place all the crepes on the working surface and divide the stir-fried vegetables over the crepes. Make sure to add the filling to one side of the round crepe. Start folding each crepe like a roll, fold them from the top of the filling and then from the bottom, then roll sideways, use water, egg wash, or flour paste to seal the edges of the roll.1 cup Mixed Vegetable
Coat the Roll:
- For coating spread the bread crumbs in one shallow bowl and whisk water, flour, salt, and black pepper in another bowl. Dip each roll into the flour mixture first then coat them well with the breadcrumbs.¼ cup Flour, Salt, ¼ tsp Black Pepper, 2 cups Breadcrumbs, ⅓ cup Water
Fry and Serve:
- Place a suitable wok over medium-high heat and add oil upto its 2/3 full. Allow this oil to heat well then add the coated vegetable rolls to the oil. Deep fry each roll for 2-3 minutes per side until it is evenly golden brown.Cooking Oil
- Transfer the crusted rolls to a plate using a slotted spoon and make sure to drain all the excess oil out of them.
- Serve fresh with your favorite sauce.
- These vegetable rolls can also be preserved in the freezer like frozen snacks etc.
- To store these rolls, place them in a tray, and then place this tray in the freezer.
- After 3 hours, transfer the frozen rolls to a ziplock bag and seal to store again.
- To serve again, directly fry them in hot oil without thawing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes