We all look for a differently styled sponge cake that could make our snack menu diverse and even more delicious. Every home-cook personally enjoy a cake recipe that is quick and easy to make, and this ombre cake recipe is exactly the one! It sure looks fancy due to the three different layers in the cake but let me tell you how simple it is to make this nice, soft and spongy cake in your kitchen without using expensive ingredients and tools.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (plain flour)
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 3 Egg (medium)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100 g Milk chocolate (semi-sweet and chopped)
- 100 g Dark chocolate (semi-sweet and chopped)
Three Layer Chocolate Ombré Butter Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 716 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 25g156%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Vitamin A 813IU16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Hand whisk
- Baking pan
- Parchment Paper
- Piping bag without a nozzle
Make the Buttercream
- Beat 3 medium eggs with a whisk in a mixing bowl for 3 seconds.
- Stir in sugar and beat again until eggs turn pale in color.
- Add butter, then beat again until well mixed.
- Stir in vanilla extracts, flour, baking powder and mix until smooth.
Make the Milk chocolate batter
- Add milk chocolate to a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix the melted chocolate well, then add 300g of the batter and mix well until evenly mixed.
- Add chopped dark chocolate to a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Make the Dark chocolate batter
- Mix the dark melted chocolate well, then add 300g of the batter and mix well until evenly mixed.
- Grease a deep loaf pan with cooking oil and layer it with parchment paper.
Assemble the cake
- Spread the dark chocolate batter at the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Add the light brown batter to a piping bag and pipe into the pan.
- Use a spatula to spread this batter evenly.
- Repeat the same with the remaining butter mixed batter and spread it evenly.
Bake The Cake and Serve
- At 350 degrees F, preheat your oven.
- Bake the layered ombre cake for 80 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow this cake to cool completely
- Slice it.
– Keep the cake in a sealable container to keep it from dryness – You can add chocolate chips or raisins to the layered cake for a change of taste – Serve this cake with hot tea or a cup of coffee.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes