You must have tried different types of Swiss roll cakes as a dessert. But this Swiss roll is quick and easy to make as it is made without any use oven. The cake batter is cooked in a covered skillet on an electric stove. It tastes just as good as any other oven-baked Swiss roll. There is a layer of fruit jam inside the rolled cake, and you can add other fillings as well to make it richer and more nutritious.
- 2 Eggs (medium, in room temperature)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Jam
Swiss Roll Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Trans Fat 0.03g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 475IU10%
Vitamin C 7mg8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Glass Bowl Large and small
- Frying Pan
Make the Batter:
- Beat eggs with sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture turns pale in color.2 Eggs, 3 tbsp Sugar
- Stir in flour and baking powder, then mix well until smooth.4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour, ¼ tsp Baking Powder
Assemble the Cake:
- Grease a 28cm pan with cooking oil.
- Spread the prepared batter in this pan.
Bake the Cake:
- Preheat an electric stove and place the pan over the stove.
- Cover and cook on Medium-Low heat for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cake to a working surface.
Garnish, Cut the cake and Serve:
- Spread the fruit jam over the cake and roll it carefully.4 tbsp Jam
- Slice the roll into 1-2 inches thick slices.
- Serve the delicious cake.
- These Swiss rolls can be made using any filling, such as chocolate spread, cream, or apple pie filling.
- Place the cake on parchment paper and then use this paper to carefully roll the cake.
- Keep the cake rolled up for 5 minutes, then start slicing it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes