Steamed chicken dumplings are that healthy snack that everyone wishes for, especially those who can’t serve oily and fried snacks to their kids. The dumplings we are about to make today are full of luscious chicken filling. When made in abundance, the dumpling can also be stored in your freezer easily and steam whenever you desire. The dough of the dumplings is simple and easy to make, as it is made nothing but flour, salt, and water. When the dough is gets done, half of your job is already done. The rest simple mixing of all the right ingredients for the filling. Here we have kept it all basic with just a few kitchen seasonings, but you can always experiment with some additional ingredients to add new flavors to the filling according to your kid's choice. You can also try some finely chopped vegetables to add to the filling then stuff it inside the dumplings. Once you seal all the dumplings, steam them appropriately, and enjoy fresh with your favorite sauces.
- 1 + 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Chicken, minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup Spring onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp Hot cooking oil
- Add flour and salt to a large bowl then gradually add water to the flour.Whisk the flour well with the water and continue adding water until it forms a smooth dough. Knead this dough well, then cover it with a damp cloth then leave it for 1 hour.
- Take a suitable wok and add minced chicken, then stir in salt, soy sauce, black pepper, green onions, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, and hot oil. Mix the meat well using a spatula and keep it aside.
- Knead the set dough again and divide it into two equal parts. Roll each part into 2 inches thick ropes.Slice these ropes into 3 inches thick pieces.
- Roll each dough piece into a 1/6-inch-thick round and add a tablespoon of chicken filling, then wet the edges of the dough. Seal the edges together around the filling and pinch them to make a dumpling.
- Use the entire filling to make as many dumplings as you can.
- Now grease a medium sides steamer basket and grease it with cooking spray. Place 5-6 dumplings into the greased steamer. Boil 2 cups water in a cooking pot and place the steamer basket over the boiling water.
- Cover the dumplings with a lid and steam the dumplings for 12 minutes. Once done, transfer the dumplings to the serving plate. Cooking the remaining dumplings in a similar way.
- Serve warm
- These dumplings can be served with a range of different sauce, including chili sauce, green chutney, and tamarind sauce.
- Use some fresh herbs or chopped green onion to garnish the dumplings before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes