This 3-ingredients sponge cake is indeed amazing. It is a wonder that you can make something this fluffy and soft using nothing but eggs, flour, and sugar. That’s right! Without any baking powder, baking soda, or difficult baking techniques, you can bake a nice and soft cake with a moist crumb on the inside. Keep this recipe for your everyday snacks menu as it is super easy to make.
- 3 Eggs (large )
- ¾ cup Plain Flour
- ¾ tbsp Plain Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
Soft Italian Sponge Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Vitamin A 713IU14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Baking pan 6×4 inches round
- Parchment Sheet
- Electric Beater
Prepare the Baking Pan:
- Grease a 6×4 inch round baking pan and layer it with 6 inches of round parchment paper.
- Brush it with oil and line the pan walls with parchment paper as well.
Make the batter:
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl using an electric beater for 30 seconds.3 Eggs
- Stir in sugar and beat again for 12 minutes on medium-high speed until fluffy.⅓ cup Sugar, 2 tbsp Sugar
- Slowly add sifted flour to this batter, then mix until smooth.¾ cup Plain Flour, ¾ tbsp Plain Flour
- Pour this batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly.
Bake and Serve:
- At 338 degrees F, preheat your oven.
- Bake the cake for almost 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow the cake to cool, then remove it from the pan.
- Slice and serve the yummy cake.
- Enjoy this sponge cake with a delicious glass of banana milkshake.
- Keep the leftover sponge cake in a sealable container to contain its moisture.
- Avoid overbaking the batter to prevent uneven color and dryness in the cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes