Sponge cake is one of the favorite snack desserts that we can never miss out on all our special occasions. Serving a slice of sponge cake has become more of a culinary tradition in most parts of the world. Today we are about to tell you how to make a perfectly smooth, soft and spongy cake right in your home. It's batter is prepared out of the ingredients as basic as flour, sugar, eggs, sugar, and essences, etc. Once the batter is prepared, it is spread in a suitable baking pan. It is baked at medium temperature to get the super moist cake texture. To make it softer, the cake is also brushed with orange and lemon juice then it is simply sliced and served.
- 2 pcs Egg (medium-sized)
- 1 pc Egg Yolk
- ½ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour (Plain Flour)
- Cooking Oil (to brush)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
Plain and Soft Sponge Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1805 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g44%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 22g
Monounsaturated Fat 48g
Vitamin A 192IU4%
Vitamin C 14mg17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Add eggs and yolk in a bowl and mix well using a hand mixer2 pcs Egg, ⅓ cup Cooking Oil
- Then gradually add sugar then continue mixing this egg mixture until it turns pale yellow.½ cup Sugar
- Stir in 1/3 cup cooking oil, vanilla essence, and milk then mix well until incorporated.⅓ cup Cooking Oil, 1 tsp Vanilla Essence, ⅓ cup Milk
- Slowly add flour then continue mixing it to form a smooth batter.1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- Layer a loaf pan with parchment sheet and cooking oil, then pour in the prepared batter.
- Spread the vanilla batter in the pan evenly.
- Then bake it for 35 minutes at 350-degree F in a preheated oven.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix lemon juice and orange juice in a bowl.
- Brush this mixture over the sponge cake.
- Remove the cake from the pan and remove the parchment from the bottom of the cake.
- Slice the sponge cake and serve.
- If you are not ready to bake the batter immediately, then it can also be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 1-4 hours. Make sure to maintain the original consistency of this batter.
- You also serve the cake slices with sugar dust on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes