All the vegetarians out there will ultimately fall for this Margherita pizza. It has the cheesiest topping. You don’t need much of the ingredients to make it rich and satisfying. All it needs is pizza sauce, a well-kneaded dough, tomatoes, and cheese topping. Let me tell you a secret here; you can also freeze this pizza in your freezer and then bake it well before serving. Similarly, the dough that I have shared in this recipe is going to help you while making all sorts of pizza. In this regard, this recipe is a must to try. So, let’s put on your aprons and start cooking.
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Ball Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- 1 cup Water (warm )
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Pizza Sauce
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1449 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Vitamin A 771IU15%
Vitamin C 28mg34%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Parchment Sheet
- Baking Sheet
Prepare the Dough:
- Whisk warm water, yeast, sugar, oil, and salt in a large bowl then stir in all-purpose flour.1 cup Water, 1 tbsp Yeast, 1 tsp Sugar, 2 tbsp Oil, 1 tsp Salt, 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- Mix well until it forms a smooth dough then knead well. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave the dough for 2 hours until it rises.
- Knead the pizza dough again on a floured surface for 2 minutes. Divide the dough into 3 parts and use one part to make a medium-sized pizza.
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Spread one part of the dough into a 1/6-inch-thick pizza crust. Top the crust with pizza sauce.¼ cup Pizza Sauce
- Top the sauce with mozzarella slices, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves. Set the Margherita pizza on a baking sheet lined with a parchment sheet.1 Ball Mozzarella Cheese, 6 Cherry Tomatoes
Bake and Serve:
- Bake this Margherita pizza for 8 minutes on 428 degrees F.
- Slice and serve warm.
- To freeze the pizza, place it in a Ziplock bag then seal it. Place it in the freezer for 4 hours.
- To bake the frozen pizza, add additional minutes to the original baking time, and do not thaw the pizza before baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes