Pita bread is a side that is served all over the world in different ways. The bread is used to make bread rolls and stuffed bread meals. So, if you learn to make pita bread on your own, you can easily enjoy it at any time. You can keep its dough ready in your refrigerator for convenient cooking. Then simply take a small amount of dough, roll it out and cook it on a flat pan to serve quickly. Serve it warm and fresh for the best taste.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Water (in-room temperature)
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
Amount Per Serving
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g
Vitamin A 32IU1%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Non-Stick Pan Flat
- Mixing Bowl Large
- Plastic Sheet
- Rolling Pin
Prepare the Dough:
- Mix yogurt, sugar, salt and water in a large mixing bowl.½ cup Water, ½ cup Plain Yogurt, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tbsp Sugar
- Stir in flour, baking soda and powder, then mix well until smooth.2 cups Wheat Flour, ½ tsp Baking Soda, ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Knead this dough for 5 minutes until smooth.
Roll Out The Dough Ball:
- Divide the dough into four portions.
- Roll out each dough portion into 1/8 inch thick rounds.
Cook Until Puffed Properly:
- Set a flat pan over medium heat and sear the bread for 2-3 minutes until puffed
- Cook from all the sides until golden brown.
- Make more pita bread with the remaining dough.
- Serve warm.
- Tear the pita bread from one side and stuff grilled vegetables or other fillings for a delicious serving.
- Always serve fresh for the best taste.
- Brush the pita bread with butter and drizzle sesame seeds on top for a change of taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes