More often than usual we think of baking birthday cakes at home and save both the budget and efforts of getting them from outside. In this regard, this no-bake birthday cake recipe will help you big time. The chocolate batter is first prepared by simple hand mixer mixing, and then It is cooked in a cooking pot instead of the oven.This cooking pot technique gives this cake a super soft and spongy texture that you will definitely love. When the cake is prepared it is also topped with a special chocolatey sauce. And you can also prepare this sauce at home. The best part that I like about this cake is the strong coffee flavor it has which creates a new and tempting blend with the chocolate.
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour (plain flour)
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 pc Egg
- Cooking Oil (to brush)
- Flour (for dust the pan)
For Chocolate Sauce
- ¼ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp All-Purpose Flour (plain flour)
- ½ tsp Instant Coffee
- White Chocolate (melted, to garnish)
No-Bake Chocolate Cake – Birthday Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1687 Calories from Fat 693
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 17g106%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 17g
Monounsaturated Fat 41g
Vitamin A 508IU10%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Cooking Pot
- Baking pan 6-inch
- Steel Rack
Make Chocolate Cake
- In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, coffee, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.¾ cup All-Purpose Flour, ¼ cup Cocoa Powder, ½ cup Sugar, 1 tsp Instant Coffee, ¼ tsp Baking Powder, ¼ tsp Baking Soda, ¼ tsp Salt
- Add oil, water, vanilla essence, and egg, then beat the mixture until it forms a smooth batter.¼ cup Oil, ½ cup Water, 1 tsp Vanilla Essence, 1 pc Egg
- Take a 6-inch-wide baking pan and grease it with cooking oil then dust it with flour.Cooking Oil, Flour
- Pour the cocoa batter into the pan and cover it with a foil paper.1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Boil water in a cooking pot and place a steamer basket over the boiling water.
- Place the baking pan over the steamer basket and cover the lid to cook for 25 minutes on medium heat.
Make the Chocolate Sauce for Topping
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by adding all its ingredients (Evaporated Milk, Butter, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, All purpose flour, Instant Coffe) to a 1-quart saucepan. Whisk this mixture using a hand mixer then place it over medium heat.¼ cup Evaporated Milk, 1 tbsp Butter, 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp All-Purpose Flour, ½ tsp Instant Coffee, ¼ cup Sugar
- Cook till it thicken.
- When the chocolate sauce is ready, pass it through a sieve and cool it a little.
Decoration and Serve
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the pan and trim off its uneven top to make it even.
- Place this cake on the serving plate.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake.
- Garnish it with melted white chocolate sauce.White Chocolate
- Serve the yummy chocolate cake.
- Only pour the chocolate sauce when the cake is ready to serve, else keep it safe in a container.
- You can also use fresh berries like raspberries or blueberries to garnish the cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes