Crispy samosas are an important part of Indian snack cuisine. Samosas are enjoyed with a variety of fillings inside. These mini samosas are stuffed with delicious meat and potato filling. I personally love this rich and spicy filling which has this amazing blend of flavors. You can try a plain keema filling or an all potato filling in this samosa as well. For quick serving, you can keep this keema aloo filling ready in your refrigerator.
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seed
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced )
- ⅓ cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¾ tsp Chilli Powder
- ¾ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 lb Potatoes (boiled )
- ½ cup Meat (minced )
- 10 Spring Roll (wraps)
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Water
Mini Samosa- Keema Aloo Samosa
Amount Per Serving
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Trans Fat 0.001g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 63IU1%
Vitamin C 12mg15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Frying Pan
- Deep Frying Pan
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Sauté fennel seeds, garlic, and onion with oil in a deep pan for 30 seconds.1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil, ¼ tsp Fennel Seed, 1 tsp Garlic, ⅓ cup Onion
- Stir in ginger paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, and garam masala, then sauté for 1 minute.1 tsp Ginger Paste, ½ tsp Turmeric Powder, ¾ tsp Chilli Powder, ¾ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Stir in meat and salt, then cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.½ cup Meat, Salt
- Crumble or crush the boiled potatoes and add them to the meat.1 lb Potatoes
- Stir in coriander, then mix well.Coriander Leaves
- Cook for 5 minutes,then mix well.
- Cut the spring rolls into four equal-sized rectangles.10 Spring Roll
- Take one wrap at a time and keep others covered aside.
Assemble the Samosa:
- Mix 2 tbsp flour with 1 tbsp water in a bowl.2 tbsp Flour, 1 tbsp Water
- Fold one corner of the rectangle and brush it with flour paste.
- Fold again to make a hollow triangle.
- Stuff this triangle with potato meat mixture and continue rolling to make the triangle and seal it.
- Make more samosa to use the entire filling.
Fry the Pies and Serve:
- Prepare a deep frying pan and heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Deep fry the samosa until golden brown.
- Transfer the samosa to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Serve warm.
- Enjoy these samosas with tomato ketchup or your favorite dip.
- If you are a vegan who can have meat in the filling, then replace the meat with crumbled tofu or lightly mashed chickpeas.
- For long storage, place the unfried samosa in a sealable box and freeze until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes