Another seafood delight is now coming your way. If you love to enjoy shrimp every now and then, then here is your chance to enjoy super crispy and delicious Japanese fried shrimp. Before we start with the recipe, let me tell you how to prepare the shrimp. Firstly, remove the shells from the shrimp and then make a small cut on top of the shrimp, just deep enough to remove the black vein from the shrimp. Once the shrimp are deveined, make 2-3 small cuts on the underside of the shrimp to avoid their curling after the cooking. Now that your shrimp are ready, you can bread them and fry them until crispy.
- 28 pieces Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil (to fry)
Japanese Fried Shrimp
Amount Per Serving
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.5g3%
Trans Fat 0.003g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
Vitamin A 125IU3%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Glass Bowls
- Shallow Plate
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Whisk flour with salt, curry powder, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper powder in a bowl.28 pieces Shrimp, 2 tsp Lemon Juice, 1 tsp Salt, ½ cup Flour, ¼ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Chili Powder, ½ tsp Garlic Powder, ¼ tsp Pepper Powder, ½ tsp Curry Powder
Coat the Shrimp:
- Coat each deveined shrimp with flour mixture, then dip it in the egg and finally coat with the breadcrumbs.1 Egg, 1 cup Breadcrumbs
Fry Deeply and Serve:
- Heat cooking oil in a deep wok and deep fry the shrimp in the oil until golden brown.Cooking Oil
- Transfer to a plate and serve.
- You can also store the breaded shrimp, without cooking them place them in a tray then freeze them for 2 hours.
- Transfer the frozen shrimp to a Ziplock bag and freeze until ready to use.
- Deep fry the frozen shrimp whenever needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes