This recipe will definitely excite all the vegetarians out there. Nuggets are an important part of our snack menu, but it hurts to the core when you don’t get to find no-meat nuggets in the stores. Well, here is good news, the recipe we brought for you today is about to offer you some delicious vegetarian nuggets which are completely free of meat. The best part is that they taste equally good and their texture is also super crispy on the outside and extremely soft on the inside. The nuggets are prepared out of potato mash, which is mixed with other finely chopped vegetables. There are so that you can find in this recipe ranging from potatoes to cauliflower, carrot, and green beans. All you need to do is bring these ingredients together and make breadcrumbs-coated nuggets out of them.
- 4 Potatoes (medium)
- ½ cup Beans (chopped)
- 1 Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 Carrot (sliced)
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- ¼ cup Sweet Corn
- ¼ cup Rice Flour
- ⅓ cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Dried Herbs
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
Homemade Veggie Nuggets Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 2922IU58%
Vitamin C 49mg59%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Cooking Pot
- Steamer Basket
- Bear-Shaped Candy Mold
Boiled the Potatoes:
- Fill a suitable cooking pot with water and place it over medium-high heat. When this water starts to boil, add the washed potatoes into it and cook them until they are half done, this may take 10 minutes.4 Potatoes
Steamed all Vegetables:
- Place a steamer basket over the boiling potatoes and spread the remaining vegetables and corn in this basket. Cover the basket to allow them to cook on steam. After 7 minutes of steaming, remove the lid and all the vegetables from the steamer.½ cup Beans, 1 Cauliflower, 1 Carrot, ¼ cup Sweet Corn, ¼ cup Green Peas
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Finely chop the steamed vegetables and transfer them to a bowl along with sweet corn. Now peel the boiled potatoes and mash them well in a bowl using a potato masher. Stir in the chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Add rice flour, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, breadcrumbs, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste, and cheese to the potato mash. Mix it well to get a dough-like texture. Use oily hands to make small nuggets out of this dough, make any shape as desired. You can also use bear-shaped candy molds to make the nuggets.¼ cup Rice Flour, ⅓ cup Breadcrumbs, 2 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Chili Flakes, 1 tsp Black Pepper, 1 tsp Cumin Powder, 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese, ½ tsp Dried Herbs
Coat the Pies:
- Whisk flour with water, salt, and black pepper to get a flour mixture in a bowl. Spread breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.¼ cup Flour, ½ tsp Salt, ¼ cup Water
- Place a suitable wok over medium-high heat and add oil for deep frying. When the oil is heated well enough, dip each nugget in the flour mixture, coat with the crumbs liberally, and add to the hot oil.2 cup Breadcrumbs, Cooking Oil
Fry and Serve:
- Deep fry all the nuggets for 2-3 minutes until they are evenly golden brown. Transfer them to a plate using a slotted spoon and drain all the excess oil out of them.
- Serve warm these vegetable nuggets.
- The vegetarian nuggets can also be preserved in the freezer.
- To store these nuggets, place them in a tray and then place this tray in the freezer.
- After3 hours, transfer the frozen nugget to a ziplock bag and seal the store again.
- To serve again, directly fry them in hot oil without thawing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes