Have you ever tried homemade bounty bars? Let me tell you that they taste much better and are more authentic than any of the store-bought chocolate bars. Why so? By making them at home, we can easily adjust the ingredients as per the desired taste. You can get to choose how sweet the coconut filling should be and what type of chocolate to dip the bar in. You can mold them in practically any shape and size. When I first make these bars at home, no one couldn’t even find out that they were homemade by the looks of them, but soon, a single bite made them realize how rich and tasty homemade chocolate bars can be. This recipe can give you as many bars to serve your entire family. You can also get to keep them in a closed jar in the refrigerator for a week. But I would recommend making fresh and serving fresh to enjoy the best of these bars.
- 1.5 cup Fine desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Hot heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 250 g Milk Chocolate
Homemade Coconut Bounty Bar
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1759 Calories from Fat 891
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 59g369%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 32g
Vitamin A 409IU8%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Deep Wok
Make the batter:
- Take a suitable glass bowl and add desiccated coconut, hot cream, and condensed milk, then mix it well until it forms a smooth dough.1.5 cup Fine desiccated coconut, 1/4 cup Hot heavy cream, 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- Take a tablespoon of this coconut dough and shape it into a mini bar equal to the size of a bounty bar. Use the entire mixture to make more coconut bar.
Melt the Chocolate:
- Add chocolate pieces to a glass bowl and place this bowl over a pot full of hot water. Mix the melting chocolate pieces with a spatula until it is completely melted.250 g Milk Chocolate
Coat the Coconut Bar:
- Layer a baking tray with a parchment sheet and keep it ready aside. Now each coconut bar and place it over a fork to dip into the melted chocolate liberally. Use another fork handle the coated bars and carefully place them in the prepared baking sheet.
Garnish and Serve:
- Use the corner of a rubber spatula to make three marks or lines on top of the bars and let them sit for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Serve these delicious coconut bounty bars.
- When you remove the set, of chocolate bars from the parchment paper, make sure to straighten their uneven edges before serving.
- You can also use colorful sprinkles to garnish the chocolate bars to add more variety. Make sure to sprinkle those sprinklers before the chocolate is set.
- By adding hot/warm heavy cream, the dried desiccated coconut will be soft and moist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes