Have you ever tried homemade bounty bars? Let me tell you that they taste much better and authentic than any of the store-bought chocolate bars. Why so? By making them at home, we can easily adjust the ingredients as per the desired taste. You can get to choose how sweet the coconut filling should be and what type of chocolate to dip the bar in. You can mold them in practically any shape and size. When I first make these bars at home, no one couldn’t even find out that they were homemade by the looks of them,but soon, a single bite made them realize how rich and tasty homemade chocolate bars can be. This recipe can give you as many bars to serve your entire family. You can also get to keep them in a closed jar in the refrigerator for a week. But I would recommend to make fresh and serve fresh to enjoy the best of these bars.
- 1.5 cup Fine desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Hot heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 250 g Milk chocolate
- Take a suitable glass bowl and add desiccated coconut, hot cream, and condensed milk, then mix it well until it forms a smooth dough.
- Take a tablespoon of this coconut dough and shape it into a mini bar equal to the size of a bounty bar. Use the entire mixture to make more coconut bar.
- Add chocolate pieces to a glass bowl and place this bowl over a pot full of hot water. Mix the melting chocolate pieces with a spatula until it is completely melted.
- Layer a baking tray with a parchment sheet and keep it ready aside. Now each coconut bar and place it over a fork to dip into the melted chocolate liberally. Use another fork handle the coated bars and carefully place them in the prepared baking sheet.
- Use the corner of a rubber spatula to make three marks or lines on top of the bars and let them sit for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- When you remove the set, chocolate bars from the parchment paper, make sure to straighten their uneven edges before serving.
- You can also use colorful sprinkles to garnish the chocolate bars to add more variety. Make sure to sprinkle those sprinklers before the chocolate is set.
- By adding hot/warm heavy cream, the dried desiccated coconut will be soft and moist.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!