If you are looking for a healthy and nutritious bun for your kids and family, then there is nothing as nourishing as this fried egg bun. In a single bite, you can get to have all the macronutrients, and it also tastes great because of its egg and potato filling. You can either serve it as a snack or in breakfast and moreover, it can also be packed in tiffins and lunch boxes for schools and offices. The dough that is used to make this bun is the same as we use to bake milk bread. Therefore when the bun is fried it gets a soft and fluffy texture on the inside and a crispy one on the outside. Serve these buns with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- 4 Eggs (boiled, mashed)
- 1 Potato (boiled, mashed)
- 6 Spring Onions (chopped)
- ¼ cup Butter (hot )
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Water (lukewarm )
- 2 tbsp Powdered Milk
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tbsp Yeast
Fried Egg Bun Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1963 Calories from Fat 855
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 45g281%
Trans Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 32g
Vitamin A 3705IU74%
Vitamin C 56mg68%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Prepare the Dough:
- Start by preparing the dough and add whisk water, powdered milk, oil, egg, sugar, and yeast, then mix well using a hand mixer.2 cups Water, 2 tbsp Powdered Milk, 1 tbsp Oil, 1 Egg, 2 tbsp Sugar, ½ tbsp Yeast, ¼ tsp Salt
- Mix flour with salt in a large bowl, then gradually stir in the milk mixture and continue mixing until it forms a sticky dough. Transfer this dough to a floured surface and knead it well. Add butter to the dough and continue kneading it until smooth and stretchable.
- Place this dough in a large bowl and spray it with cooking oil, then cover with a plastic wrap and leave it for 2 hours. Knead the dough again.
Prepare the Potato Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients for potato filling in a bowl and keep it aside.4 Eggs, 1 Potato, 6 Spring Onions, ¼ cup Butter, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black Pepper, 1½ cup Flour, 1 tbsp Butter
To Assemble the Pies:
- Spread this dough into a thick log and cut it into 12 slices of equal size. Place each piece on the working surface into a rectangle. At the prepared filling to the center of each dough piece and pinch the edges around it. Cover the prepared buns with a kitchen towel then leave them for 15 minutes.
Cook and Serve:
- Put a wok over medium heat and add oil to heat then add the stuffed buns to the hot oil. Deep fry them until golden brown from both sides.
- Transfer them to a plate and serve.
- Keeping the dough to rise for longer duration makes it fluffiest. Give your dough a suitable time to rise and then use it.
- You can also try adding other finely chopped vegetables like carrots or bell pepper to the filling to add more fiber and nutrients.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes