Today I am going to share such a recipe which will prove to be a sigh of relief for all the moms out there. French are enjoyed by all the kids, and they can easily be cooked in the morning for their school lunch boxes. Since French toasts are cooked as a sandwich of two thick bread slices, they give double the energy and nutrients. You need simply to beat the egg with sugar, milk and other ingredients then dip the bread slices. Soaked bread slices are then seared well before serving. You can cut the toasts in half to serve.
- 6 Bread Slices (thick )
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/5 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Maple Syrup (to serve)
- Sugar (to serve)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Trans Fat 0.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 301IU6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Prepare the Egg Mixture:
- Beat eggs with salt, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl.2 Eggs, 1 pinch Salt, 2 tbsp Sugar, 1/5 cup Milk, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melt butter with oil in a pan over moderate heat.1 tsp Oil, 1 tbsp Butter
Dip the Bread Slice and Fry:
- Take two bread slices together, then dip them in the egg mixture then sear for 3 minutes in the pan until golden brown.6 Bread Slices
- Cook the remaining slices in the same manner.
Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish with sugar and maple syrup.Maple Syrup, Sugar
- Serve warm the delicious French Toast.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture only to cover it. Do not dip for too long; else, the bread will crumble into pieces during cooking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes