Winters are the prime time to enjoy fish in every possible way. Today we are going to share a perfect winter fish recipe that can either be served with the main course or can be used as a snack or breakfast. Not only that but we are also going to share how you can meal prep these fish cutlets and use them whenever needed. To make these cutlets, we have used Rahu fish fillet, without any bones, you can use any other fish as well, as long as it is boneless. The fish is first cooked in spices and then mixed with other ingredients. This method gives these cutlets an extra ounce of flavor that you will really cherish the one you try it.
- 1 Rahu Fish Fillet (boneless)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ cup Water
- 1/3 cup Gram Flour
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- Salt (to taste)
- Water (to make the dough)
- ½ cup Fried Onion
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coriander
- 2 tbsp Green Chili
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8g50%
Trans Fat 0.02g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 618IU12%
Vitamin C 8mg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Cooking Pot
Boiled the Fish Fillet:
- Add fish, salt, turmeric, water, and chili powder to a cooking pot and cook for 10 minutes on low heat until al dente.½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Chili Powder, ½ tsp Turmeric, ½ cup Water, 1 Rahu Fish Fillet
Prepare the Dough:
- Add gram flour, garam masala, and salt to a pan and stir cook for 3 minutes. Pour in enough water to make a thick dough out of this mixture.1/3 cup Gram Flour, ¼ tsp Garam Masala, Salt
- Mix fried onion with sugar and cumin powder. Mix coriander and green chili with salt.½ cup Fried Onion, ½ tsp Cumin Powder, 1 tsp Sugar, 2 tbsp Coriander, 2 tbsp Green Chili, Onion
Mix All the Ingredients:
- Crumble boiled fish in a bowl then add gram flour, onion-coriander mixture, egg, and lemon juice. Add more salt to adjust the seasoning1 Egg, 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Mix well, then make small-size cutlets out of it. Heat cooking oil in a deep wok.Water, Cooking Oil
Fry Deeply and Serve:
- Add cutlets to the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown from both sides.
- Serve warm with sauce.
- To store the fish cutlets, first place them in a flat tray and freeze for 1 hour.
- Now transfer the frozen cutlets to a Ziplock and seal them.
- You can store these cutlets for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes