I bet these pancake balls are nothing like you have ever tried before. They are different from deep-fried cake bombs and taste too fresh and light. Moreover, these balls are cooked using the basic pancake batter. All you need to understand is it's a bit complex cooking method. Firstly, you need an Aebleskiver pan to prepare these balls. It is a special iron pan that has 6-8 semi-spherical cups or grooves in it. This pan can easily be found on Amazon, and you can find them online on other platforms as well. To make a ball out of the dough, you will need to constantly rotate the set batter as it is cooked from one side. The cooked side is rotated, and the uncooked batter automatically takes place in the groove and then cooks to complete the sphere.
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Cooking Oil
- Chocolate Syrup
- Superfine Sugar
Eggless Pancake Balls Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g75%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Vitamin A 746IU15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Aebleskiver Pan
Make the batter:
- Add buttermilk, baking powder, sugar, butter, baking soda, and salt to a glass bowl, then whisk well until sugar is completely dissolved in the milk mixture.1 cup Buttermilk, 1/2 tbsp Sugar, 1 tbsp Butter, 1 tsp Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp Baking Soda, 1/4 tsp Salt
- Stir in flour and mix it well with the milk mixture. It forms a smooth and thick batter.1 cup All-Purpose Flour
Assemble the cake:
- Place the Aebleskiver pan over medium low heat and brush its cups with cooking oil. Divide the prepared batter into the greased cups and fill them up to the top.Cooking Oil
Cook the cake:
- Let the batter cook in the pan’s cups for 1 minute and use the tip of a wooden stick to rotate each of the half-cooked pancake balls and make it stand halfway through. The uncooked batter will automatically spread into each cup. Allow it to cook for another 45 seconds then rotate the balls against to close the balls and cook the open ends of balls in the pan.
- Once the balls are completely cooked and turn golden brown, place the cooked balls in the serving plates.
Garnish and Serve:
- Top these balls with superfine sugar and chocolate syrup.Superfine Sugar, Chocolate Syrup
- Serve and enjoy
- You can also dip each ball into the melted chocolate and then serve it on the table.
- Serving them for breakfast is one good option for the day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes