There is no parallel to homemade fresh buns. For a good and energizing breakfast, such buns are great to start with. Moreover, homemade buns are an excellent choice to make delicious sandwiches and burgers for your kids and family. This basic mini bun dough we are about to share today will help you cook super soft and spongy buns without the use of eggs. This recipe is great for those who can't have eggs or a high-protein diet due to their allergies or medical conditions. The great part about this recipe is that you don’t need to bake the buns, they can be easily cooked even on your stovetop. So, let's get started with it.
- ¾ cup Milk (warm )
- ¾ tbsp Yeast (dry)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Cornmeal (to dust the baking tray)
- Butter (to grease the pan)
Eggless Mini Bun
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1269 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g75%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Vitamin A 646IU13%
Vitamin C 0.01mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Plastic Wrap
Prepare the Dough:
- Take a glass bowl, suitable to prepare the dough. Add warm milk to this bowl then add dry yeast, sugar, butter, and salt to the milk.¾ cup Milk, ¾ tbsp Yeast, 1 tsp Sugar, 1 tbsp Butter, ½ tsp Salt
- Mix the milk with yeast in the bowl and leave this mixture for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Stir in all-purpose flour and then gradually mix the flour with milk mixture. When the flour comes together as a dough and knead well until smooth.2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Rub the flour dough with cooking oil and then cover it with plastic wrap. Leave this dough in a warm place for 1 hour or until it rises.1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Poke some holes in the dough then knead it again for 5 minutes on a flavored surface. Spread this dough into a thick ½ -1-inch sheet.
Cut the Mini Buns:
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the mini buns out of this dough sheet. Take a baking tray and dust it with cornmeal.Cornmeal
- Place the mini buns in the cornmeal and drizzle more cornmeal on top. Cover them with a damp cloth and leave them for 15 minutes.
Fry and Serve:
- Brush the base of the skillet with butter and place it over moderate heat. Place the buns in the pan and cover to cook for 5 minutes. Flip the buns and cook again for 5 minutes.Butter
- Serve warm and fresh.
- Do not cook the buns unless you are ready to serve them. It is better to store and refrigerate the dough until you are ready to cook it.
- To preserve the dough, make sure to cover it with plastic wrap and not store it for more than a day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes