Do you want to quickly bake a sponge cake at home? Well, then this cake recipe is the best one to stick to! It is used as a base for many desserts. You can bake this cake for snack time or pack it in the tiffin boxes for kids. It is a light cake made with egg whites. The best thing about this sponge cake is that it has no extra flavors, and it is made out of basic pantry ingredients.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Cooking Oil
- 2 pc Eggs (medium )
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Easy Bakery Style Sponge Plain Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Trans Fat 0.04g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Vitamin A 2IU0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 Glass Mixing Bowls
- 1 Round Baking Pan 6×2 inches
- 1 Round Baking Paper 6 inches
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Hand whisk
Make the batter
- Mix ⅓ cup sugar with ¼ cup cooking oil in a mixing bowl until sugar is dissolved.⅓ cup Sugar, ¼ cup Cooking Oil
- Gradually add 2 medium eggs one by one and beat until evenly mixed and slightly frothy.2 pc Eggs
- Add all-purpose flour, vanilla essence and baking powder then mix until smooth to make it spongy.1 cup All-Purpose Flour, 1 tsp Vanilla Essence, 2 tsp Baking Powder
Prepare for Baking
- Take a 6×2 inches round baking pan and grease it with cooking oil.
- Spread the baking paper at the bottom of this pan and grease it as well.
- Pour in the prepared cake batter.
- Tap the pan to remove the air bubbles and spread the batter evenly.
Bake The Cake
- Bake the cake at 320° F or 160° C temperature for almost 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Slice and serve.
- This sponge cake goes well with jam or chocolate spread.
- Serve the sponge cake slices with a cup of hot chocolate.
- Brush the sponge cake with some butter or orange glaze for a different taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes