When I first looked at this fried snack, I couldn’t even guess that it was made with eggs. It looked exactly like cheese or potato fingers. But a single bite of these heavenly fingers soon made me realize that it is all egg and seasoning. Since I had never tried egg bake in this crispy style, I was super amazed by these fingers and also thought of cooking them at home. After much struggle, I finally get to have its perfect recipe, and since then it is my every weekend snack as the kids at home just love them. Sometimes, I keep the coating batter, the baked egg slices, and crumbs ready in the refrigerator and then simply fry them whenever I crave them.
- 6 Eggs (medium )
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Wheat Flour
- ⅕ tsp Salt
- 1 pack Instant Noodles Masala
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Trans Fat 0.02g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 238IU5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Baking pan 8-inch
- Foil Sheet
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Take a large glass bowl and add all the ingredients for eggs in it. Whisk them until incorporated. Pour this egg mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan then cover it with a foil sheet.6 Eggs, ¼ tsp Salt, ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Boil ¼ cup of water in a cooking pot and set a steel rack inside. Place the egg pan in the cooking pot and place the lid on top. Cook for 15 minutes on medium-low heat.1 ½ tsp Cooking Oil
- Remove the foil sheet and remove the egg bake from the pan by flipping over the cutting board. Slice the egg and bake into thick sticks.
Coat the Pies:
- Now prepare the coating mixture. Whisk flour, salt, water, and noodles masala in a bowl.2 tbsp Wheat Flour, ⅕ tsp Salt, ⅓ cup Water, 1 pack Instant Noodles Masala
- Dip the egg slices in the flour mixture then coat them in the breadcrumbs.1 cup Breadcrumbs
Fry and Serve:
- Add oil to a wok and heat it for deep frying. Add the coated sticks, and deep fry them until golden brown.Cooking Oil
- Transfer them to the serving plate using a slotted spoon.
- Serve with ketchup.
- I have used instant noodles masala because I like its taste. But you can also go with other basic seasonings as per your taste.
- Serve these fingers fresh and crispy with tomato or mayonnaise sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes