Who doesn’t like to have potato chips as a snack? They are loved by young and old the same. We all know how the market-bought potato chips are full of artificial flavors and preservatives. It is better to prepare them right in your own kitchen as health is not something to compromise upon. The recipe shared in this blog will give you super crispy potato chips, and you won't even feel the difference in texture from that of the market crisps.All you need to do is to follow each step carefully and ensure that the potatoes are completely dry before frying; in this way, they will turn to be more crispy. Here we have used basic seasoning like salt and black pepper to lightly season the chips, which perfectly complements the flavor of these chips.
- 5 Potatoes (medium-sized, peeled and thinly sliced)
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
- Black Pepper ( to taste)
Crispy Potato Chips
Amount Per Serving
Calories 820 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.3g2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.02g
Vitamin A 21IU0%
Vitamin C 210mg255%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Potato Slicer
Soak the Potato and Washed Out:
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and soak the potato slices in the water for 15 minutes. This will release all the excess starch into the water.5 Potatoes
- Drain the soaked potato slices and rinse them until the water coming out of them gets clear.
To Dry the Potatoes:
- Now take a baking pan and layer it with a paper towel. Spread the drained potato slices over this layer of paper towel. Cover the slices with another paper towel and press it well to soak all the water. Continue pressing the potato slices until they are completely dried.
- Place a suitable wok over medium-high heat and fill it with oil upto 2/3 full. Allow this oil to heat until it shimmers.Cooking Oil
- Now add the potato slices to the oil in batches and deep fry them until golden and crispy from both the sides. Use a slotted spoon to remove the potato slices from the oil. Make sure to drain all the excess oil out of the chips.
Garnish and Serve:
- Transfer the chips to a serving bowl and add salt and black pepper for seasoning. Toss the chips well.Salt, Black Pepper
- Serve fresh.
- Quickly work on potato slices and do not leave them in water for too long and also avoid leaving them in the open.
- It is better to cook and serve the potato chips immediately to enjoy their good taste and texture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes