Lentil piyaju is basically a lentil and onion fritter recipe in which the lentils are soaked and blended then mixed with sliced veggies to cook delicious and crispy fritters. These fritters are different from floured ones because they take their taste and texture from the lentil paste used in them. You can add other shredded vegetables like carrots and cabbage to these fritters as well.
- 1 cup Tur (Khesari Dal)
- ½ cup Lentils (Masoor Dal)
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 6 pieces Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
Amount Per Serving
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 122IU2%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Soak the Lentils:
- Mix lentils in a bowl and pour in water to soak for 20 minutes.1 cup Tur, ½ cup Lentils
- Drain and grind this mixture in a food processor to make a coarse paste.
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Mix onion with green chilies, salt, coriander, turmeric powder, and ginger-garlic paste in a bowl.½ cup Onion, 6 pieces Green Chillies, 1 tsp Salt, ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste, 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Stir in 1 ½ cup of the lentil paste, then mix well.
Fry the Piyaju in High Heat:
- Preheat oil in a deep frying pan to 350 degrees F.
- Drop the lentil batter into the hot oil spoon by spoon.
Fry Properly and Serve:
- Deep fry the fritters until golden brown.
- Transfer to a suitable serving bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Serve warm for a better test.
- Serve these lentil fritters with mint yogurt sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Adding some shredded cabbage and carrot can give these fritters a different taste.
- Only cook as many fritters as you can serve and serve, and store the batter remaining in a sealable container in your refrigerator for delayed serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes