Do you want to enjoy fish as a crispy snack? Well, try these fish fingers and add good flavors to your menu. Now you don’t need to bring frozen snack home, as you can cook and store your homemade fish fingers in no time. The recipe is simple and is highly recommended for those who are looking for a diet rich in proteins and omega-3. The frozen fish fillets are simply sliced into fingers, and then they are breaded with a spice mixed with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs breading. Once coated the fingers are then deep-fried until they are golden brown. Serve them with your favorite sauce or a creamy dip.
- 2 Frozen Fish Fillets (cut into fingers)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Garlic Paste
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
Amount Per Serving
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 129IU3%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Glass Bowls
- Shallow Plate
Prepare the Stuffing and Marinate:
- Whisk ginger and garlic paste in a bowl, then add salt, black pepper, chili powder, cumin powder, and lemon juice.½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black Pepper, ½ tsp Cumin Powder, ½ tsp Ginger Paste, ½ tsp Garlic Paste, ¼ tsp Chili Powder, 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix well, then add fish fingers to the spice mixture and rub them well to coat. Marinate for 5 minutes.2 Frozen Fish Fillets
Prepare the Coating Mixture and Coat the Pies:
- Beat egg with milk and curry powder in a bowl then dip the fish fingers in the egg mixture.1 Egg, ¼ cup Buttermilk, ½ tsp Curry Powder
- Coat the fish fingers with the breadcrumbs well.1 cup Breadcrumbs
Deeply Fry and Serve:
- Heat oil in a deep wok and deep fry the fish fingers until golden brown.
- Serve warm as a snack or with main dishes.
- You can also store the breaded fish fingers, without cooking. Place them in a tray then freeze for 2 hours.
- Transfer the frozen fish fingers to a Ziplock bag and freeze until ready to use.
- Deep fry the frozen fish fingers whenever needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes