This caramel custard pudding is just the right dessert for your dinner table as It is loved by both the young and old equally. The crunchy sugar caramel topping of this pudding makes it unique. This custard pudding is also known as flan, and it can be served even on special occasions. Take a break from the same old dessert recipe and try this simple and easy-to-cook pudding recipe. It is made freshly out of milk, egg, and sugar. Vanilla essence is used, especially to add some extra flavor to the custard. Once the batter is ready to cook, it is poured over the homemade caramel and then steam-cooked in a pot. This recipe tells you the easiest way to cook a pudding without the use of any double broiler or oven. All you need are some basic kitchen utensils.
- 200 ml Warm Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg (Medium Sized)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Water
Creme Caramel Custard
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Trans Fat 0.02g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 238IU5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Hand whisk
- Deep Wok
Make the batter:
- Take a suitable glass bowl and add warm milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to whisk this mixture until it is just incorporated. Avoid overbeating this mixture. Pass this mixture through a fine sieve twice to get a smoother texture.200 ml Warm Milk, 3 tbsp Sugar, 1 Egg, 1/2 tsp Vanilla
Prepare the Caramel Mixture:
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water into a small pot and stir cook this mixture until the sugar is melted and turned into a caramel brown color.2 tbsp Sugar, 1 tsp Water
- Pour this caramel mixture into a small-sized baking pan and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. It’s time to pour the egg-milk over this layer caramel.
Cook this Mixture:
- Cover this baking pan with a foil sheet and seal its edges. Transfer this pan to a cooking pot and pour 1 ½ cup water to this pot then put on its lid. Let the pudding cook for 25 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pudding pan from the pot and allow it to cool at room temperature then remove the foil sheet from its top. Run a sharp knife around the rim of the pudding then flip it over the serving plate.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
- Nothing tastes better than a fresh and chilled pudding; it is suggested to keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- If you are not ready to serve, keep the egg batter ready in the refrigerator for the pudding then assemble and cook with the caramel coating when desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes