People who are crazy for Chinese and Thai food just die to enjoy a platter of chicken wonton with a sweet and tangy side sauce. With this recipe, the Chinese lovers wouldn’t need to find and visit a fancy Chinese restaurant just to enjoy some good Chinese wontons. You can literally make them at home using a recipe which makes it super simple and easy. You start by preparing its dough; then, you prepare the chicken filling then fill the wonton wrappers with the filling and simply deep fry. One step at a time and Voila! The golden crispy chicken wontons are ready to serve with your favorite sauce or dip. Don’t forget to garnish them with some fresh herbs to have a nice and refreshing aroma.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Minced Chicken
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Green chillies
- 1/2 cup Spring onions
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Oil
- Prepare the wonton dough by mixing flour with salt and egg in a bowl.
- Gradually pour in water while mixing the flour continuously. Add more water if the dough is too dry.
- The finished dough should be firm. Knead it well, then cover with a kitchen towel and leave for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken filling by mixing all its ingredients in a mixing bowl. keep this filling aside for a while.
- Now take the dough and roll it into 1/8th inch thick sheet. Cut out small circles out of it using a cookie cutter.
- Take each circle and roll it more to make it thinner.
- Place a dough circle on the working surface and add a tablespoon of chicken filling at the center of the circle.
- Fold the circle in half to get a half-moon. Now connect the two corners of this half-moon by folding around the center of the wonton then pinch these corners together.
- Prepare more wontons using remaining circles and filling in a similar way.
- Now pour cooking oil to fill up a deep wok and heat it on medium-high heat.
- Add the wontons to the oil and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined using a slotted spoon.
- Serve warm.
- If you want to keep the wonton wrappers aside until you are ready to assemble and fry them, then dust the top of each wonton wrap and stack them up in a tray. This will prevent sticking.
- Wontons can vary in size and shape so you can try other shapes and sizes as well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes