People who are crazy for Chinese and Thai food just die to enjoy a platter of chicken wonton with a sweet and tangy side sauce. With this recipe, Chinese lovers wouldn’t need to find and visit a fancy Chinese restaurant just to enjoy some good Chinese wontons. You can literally make them at home using a recipe that makes them super simple and easy. You start by preparing its dough; then, you prepare the chicken filling then fill the wonton wrappers with the filling, and simply deep fry. One step at a time and Voila! The golden crispy chicken wontons are ready to serve with your favorite sauce or dip. Don’t forget to garnish them with some fresh herbs to have a nice and refreshing aroma.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Minced Chicken
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Green Chillies
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions
- 1 Egg (yolk)
- Cooking Oil
Chicken Wonton Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g56%
Trans Fat 0.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Vitamin A 974IU19%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Large Bowl
- Deep Wok
Prepare the Dough:
- Prepare the wonton dough by mixing flour with salt and egg in a bowl.1 cup All-Purpose Flour, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 Egg
- Gradually pour in water while mixing the flour continuously. Add more water if the dough is too dry.1/4 cup Water
- The finished dough should be firm. Knead it well, then cover it with a kitchen towel and leave for 30 minutes.
Prepare the Chicken Filling:
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken filling by mixing all its ingredients in a mixing bowl. keep this filling aside for a while.1 cup Minced Chicken, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Sugar, 1 tbsp Oil, 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 tbsp Cornflour, 1 tsp Green Chillies, 1/2 cup Spring Onions, 1 Egg
- Now take the dough and roll it into a 1/8th inch thick sheet. Cut small circles out of it using a cookie cutter.
- Take each circle and roll it more to make it thinner.
To Assemble the Pies and Wrapping:
- Place a dough circle on the working surface and add a tablespoon of chicken filling at the center of the circle.
- Fold the circle in half to get a half-moon. Now connect the two corners of this half-moon by folding around the center of the wonton then pinch these corners together.
- Prepare more wontons using the remaining circles and filling in a similar way.
Fry and Serve:
- Now pour cooking oil to fill up a deep wok and heat it on medium-high heat.Cooking Oil
- Add the wontons to the oil and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined using a slotted spoon.
- Serve warm the crispy chicken wonton.
- If you want to keep the wonton wrappers aside until you are ready to assemble and fry them, then dust the top of each wonton wrap and stack them up in a tray. This will prevent sticking.
- Wontons can vary in size and shape so you can try other shapes and sizes as well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes