A warming bowl of chicken soup is just the thing you want to get through chilly winters. This egg drop chicken soup is full of that warmth and nutrients. If you used to roam around in the city to find that one perfect chicken soup, then don’t! as I am about to give you the secret of a simple and basic chicken soup that you would not want to miss out. It starts with the basic boiling of the broth with chicken and carrot along with seasonings then the shredded chicken is added to the soup. The egg is added to the soup, not till the last moment. Serve this soup immediately and do not leave out for more than 2 hours.
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/3 cup Water
- 4 cup Water
- 250 g Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup Carrot
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Green Onions
- Salt to Taste
- Beat egg in one bowl and whisk cornflour with 1/3 cup water in another. Keep them aside for a while.
- Now place a large stockpot over medium heat and add chicken, 4 cups water, carrot, ginger-garlic paste, salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Cover the chicken and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the lid and transfer the chicken to the cutting board then shred it using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the soup in the pot.
- Stir in soy sauce, tomato ketchup and chili sauce then stir cook for 1 minute on medium heat. Gradually whisk in cornflour liquid and continue stirring the soup until it thickens.
- Pour in the beaten egg to the soup gradually and continuously mix it for 1 minute. Then add lemon juice and green onions.
- Mix well and serve warm
1. Always cook this soup in accordance with the serving size, since you cannot store a floured soup keeping its original consistency.2. Add variety to its flavors by using corn or other side vegetables as you desire.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes