Well, there is something that you must have not tried yet. These chicken popsicle nuggets are another smart way to use the same nuggets chicken blend and coating material to make a new kind of snack. It is one simple way to add variety to your menu. Like nuggets, these popsicle sticks can also be stored and frozen in the freezer for several days.These popsicle sticks are great to send with your kids to school or use as a takeaway snack. The chicken batter is prepared exactly like the one we prepare for the nuggets, as shared in our chicken nuggets blog, and then shaped like a popsicle with an actual stick inserted in them. Rest is just coat and fry then Voila!
- 4 pcs Bread Slices (cubed & edges trimmed)
- 500 g Chicken (cubes)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika Powder
- 1½ tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 pc Egg (medium)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
Chicken Popsicle Nuggets
Amount Per Serving
Calories 2014 Calories from Fat 774
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 19g119%
Trans Fat 0.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 28g
Vitamin A 371IU7%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Non-Stick Skillet
- Deep Wok
- Popsicle Sticks
Prepare the Stuffing:
- Add the cubed bread to a food processor and pulse until the bread is turned into crumbs. Add chicken cubes, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, paprika powder, and ginger-garlic paste to the same food processor and blend until chicken is minced.4 pcs Bread Slices, 500 g Chicken, 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Black Pepper, ½ tsp Paprika Powder, 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Transfer the chicken mixture on the working surface and add 1 ½ tbsp oil over it. Knead it like dough then spread it into a 1-inch thick layer evenly.1½ tbsp Cooking Oil
- Cut the chicken layer into 4 (3 inches wide) strips and separate the strips from one another. Cut each strip into two equal rectangles.
- Shape each rectangle into a popsicle by rounding off its top edges and inserting a popsicle stick at the bottom.
Coat the Pies:
- Beat egg with salt and milk in a medium-sized bowl and spread the panko crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Put a suitable frying pan over medium heat and add cooking oil for deep frying. When the oil is completely heated, dip each chicken nugget in the egg mixture then coat it with breadcrumbs.1 pc Egg, 1 tbsp Milk, 2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs, 1 pinch Salt
Fry and Serve:
- Add the coated nuggets to the hot oil and deep fry them until golden brown from both sides. Transfer the nuggets to the serving plate using a slotted spoon.Cooking Oil
- Serve warm.
- To preserve the popsicle nuggets, place them in a container lined with a parchment sheet. If you are keeping them in a stack then make sure to insert a parchment sheet in between two layers. Seal and store in the freezer.
- To fry, the frozen popsicle nuggets directly deep fry them without leaving room temperature to thaw.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes