Paratha roll is that South Asian recipe which instantly makes your mouth water, which it's rich and delicious filling. This paratha roll brings a double dose of flavors, energy, and nutrients due to its rich ingredients. The paratha is first lined and cooked with an egg omelet, and then it is topped with bbq chicken, crunchy cucumbers, onion, and a blend of sauces. The chicken used inside this roll is not only seasoned but also marinated until it gets a strong taste. Then the chicken is seared to get a crispy texture. The combination of herbed yogurt and tamarind sauce in the filling further boost the flavors to the next level. This paratha roll should always be served fresh to enjoy its crisp.
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 300 g Chicken, cut into strips
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Red Chili
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 5 Plain Frozen Paratha
- 2 Red Onion, sliced
- ½ cup Herbed Yogurt
- 1 Cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup Tamarind Sauce
- Startby whisk 3 eggs, onion, tomato, green chili, and coriander leaves in a glassbowl and keep this egg mixture aside for a while.
- Take another bowl and add chicken strips, yogurt, turmeric, ginger and garlic paste,salt, turmeric, red chili, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, lemon juice. Mix it well to coat the chicken then let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place a suitable skillet over medium heat and greased it with cooking spray.
- Once the oil is heated, place a frozen paratha in the pan and cook for 1 minute then flip it. Spread a dollop of the egg-tomato mixture over this paratha and cook for 1 minute. Flip again and cook the egg side of paratha for 1 minute.
- Transfer this paratha on a parchment sheet. Cook the remaining parathas in a similar way using the egg mixture.
- Its time to cook the chicken, place another skillet over medium heat and add a tbsp of ghee.
- Once the ghee is melted, add chicken pieces and cook them for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer the cooked to a cutting board and cut each strip into further slices.
- Now layer each egg paratha with a dollop of herb yogurt, chicken pieces, red onion slices, cucumber, and tamarind sauce. Roll the paratha around the chicken stuffing by rolling the parchment sheet around it.
- Slice each roll into half and serve.
- Here we have used ready-made frozenparathas to make the rolls, to save some time, but you can also prepare them at home using your basic dough recipe.
- To serve at anytime, preserve the filling ingredients in the refrigerator and donot cook the paratha until you are ready to assemble the rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!