Paratha roll is that South Asian recipe that instantly makes your mouth water, which is rich and delicious chicken filling. This paratha roll brings a double dose of flavors, energy, and nutrients due to its rich ingredients. The paratha is first lined and cooked with an egg omelet, and then it is topped with bbq chicken, crunchy cucumbers, onion, and a blend of sauces. The chicken used inside this roll is not only seasoned but also marinaded until it gets a strong taste. Then the chicken is seared to get a crispy texture. The combination of herbed yogurt and tamarind sauce in the filling further boosts the flavors to the next level. This paratha roll should always be served fresh to enjoy its crispness.
- 3 Egg
- ⅓ cup Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Green Chili (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 300 g Chicken (cut into strips)
- 5 Plain Paratha Dough (or use frozen paratha)
To Marinate the Chicken
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 Red Onion (sliced)
- ½ cup Herbed Yogurt
- 1 Cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- ½ cup Tamarind Sauce
Chicken Egg Paratha Roll
Amount Per Serving
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 429IU9%
Vitamin C 10mg12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Non-stick skillet pan
- Parchment Sheet
Prepare egg mixture:
- Start by whisk 3 eggs, onion, salt, tomato, green chili, and coriander leaves in a glass bowl and keep this egg mixture aside for a while.3 Egg, ¼ cup Tomato, 1 Green Chili, 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, ½ tsp Salt, ⅓ cup Onion
Prepare Chicken Strips:
- Take another bowl and add chicken strips, yogurt, turmeric, ginger, and garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and lemon juice. Mix it well to coat the chicken then let it marinate for 30 minutes.300 g Chicken, ½ tsp Garlic Paste, ½ tsp Ginger Paste, ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp Red Chili Powder, ½ tsp Cumin Powder, ½ tsp Coriander Powder, ¼ tsp Garam Masala, 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt, 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- It's time to cook the chicken, place the skillet pan over medium heat and add a tbsp of ghee.1 tsp Ghee
- Once the ghee is melted, add chicken pieces and cook them on low flame for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked chicken pieces to a cutting board and cut each strip into further slices.
Prepare Egg Paratha:
- Make five regular paratha dough and roll out each piece into a thin round layer as Roti5 Plain Paratha Dough
- Transfer the paratha to a hot pan and cook for 1 minute then flip it.
- Add 1.5 tbsp oil on it and flip again
- Spread the beaten egg mixture over the paratha and cook both sides for 1 minute.
Assemble the roll:
- Transfer this paratha to a parchment sheet. Now layer each egg paratha with a dollop of herb yogurt, red onion slices, cooked chicken slices, cucumber slices, and tamarind sauce.2 Red Onion, ½ cup Herbed Yogurt, ½ cup Tamarind Sauce, 1 Cucumber
- Roll the paratha around the chicken stuffing by rolling the parchment sheet around it.
Cook and Serve:
- Cook and roll the remaining parathas in a similar way.
- Slice each roll into half and serve.
- Here, we have used homemade paratha using your basic dough recipe to make the rolls, but you can use ready-made or homemade frozen paratha to save some time
- To serve at any time, preserve the filling ingredients in the refrigerator and do not cook the paratha until you are ready to assemble the rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes