I must say, this recipe will definitely amaze you with its refreshing coconut flavors and the blend of so many colors, the use of vanilla, and coconut flesh. Though a glass of Buko drink is full of so many ingredients they barely take much effort. For jellies, you can prepare one single mixture, and it gives you different jellies by adding different colors and coconut flesh. When that part is that then you just need to prepare the sago mixture and the milk to serve the drink. Add as much condensed milk as you like the sweetness of the milk. I would recommend keeping it mildly sweet for the best taste.
- 2 cup Coconut Water
- 1 ½ tbsp Sugar
- 15 g Agar Powder
- 2 drop Blue Food Color
- 2 drop Orange Food Color
- 2 drop Green Food Color
- ¼ cup Coconut Flesh ( chopped)
- 5 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Sago Pearls
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 3 drop Banana Essence
- 1 drop Vanilla Essence
- 1 drop Pink Food Color
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flesh (chopped)
Buko Salad Drinks
Amount Per Serving
Calories 2199 Calories from Fat 684
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 61g381%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Vitamin A 816IU16%
Vitamin C 20mg24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Cooking Pot
- Jelly Molds
Prepare the Cubes:
- Add 2 cups coconut water, sugar, and agar powder to a cooking pot then place it over medium heat. Boil this coconut water and mix well, then remove from the heat.2 cup Coconut Water, 1 ½ tbsp Sugar, 15 g Agar Powder
- Divide the coconut-agar mixture into 4 separate mold bowls. Add blue color to one mold, orange color to another, green color to the third bowl, then mix each well. Add chopped coconut to the fourth mold bowl and mix it gently. Allow them to sit for 15 minutes.2 drop Blue Food Color, 2 drop Orange Food Color, 2 drop Green Food Color, ¼ cup Coconut Flesh, 1 drop Vanilla Essence
- Dice the prepare jellies into cubes and keep them aside for a while.
Prepare the Drink:
- Now boil 5 cups of water in a cooking pot and add sago pearl, then cook for 5 minutes, then drain and wash. Soak the pearls in ¼ cup cold water and leave it for 10 minutes.5 cup Water, 1/3 cup Sago Pearls
- Take a large bowl and add evaporated milk, condensed milk, coconut cream, banana essence, and food color, and mix well until well incorporated.1 cup Evaporated Milk, 1 cup Coconut Cream, 1/4 cup Condensed Milk, 3 drop Banana Essence, 1 drop Pink Food Color
Garnish and Serve:
- Add sago pearls, diced jellies, and coconut flesh to this creamy mixture.1/4 cup Coconut Flesh
- Serve these delicious drinks.
- Use a rubber spatula to remove the jellies from the mold and handle them gently.
- You can also garnish the drinks with two-three cubes of colorful jellies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes