Those of you who don’t have enough time to bake a cake to satisfy their sudden craving can enjoy a no-bake chocolate cake. The best part is that you can assemble it using bread slices and some creamy icing. The bread pastry cake is layered with a thick and creamy filling between each bread slice, so each bite gives a flavorsome experience. I personally loved to serve this cake along with evening tea and snack. It takes hardly a few minutes to assemble. And if you store the whisked cream filling ready in your refrigerator, then it will even get easier. Here we have used grated chocolate to garnish the cake but you can experiment with all kinds of delicious and suitable garnishing.
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (cold )
- 3 tbsp Powder Sugar
- 2 tbsp chocolate (melted )
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup water (warm )
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp Instant Coffee
- 5 Bread Slices (edges trimmed)
- Chocolate (Grates to garnish)
Bread Pastry Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1091 Calories from Fat 792
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 56g350%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Vitamin A 3528IU71%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Make the Cream:
- In a bowl, add heavy cream and beat it for 1 minute on high speed using an electric mixer. Add sugar to the cream and beat again for 2 minutes.1 cup Heavy Cream, 3 tbsp Powder Sugar
- Divide the beaten cream into two portions. Add 2 tbsp melted chocolate to one half of the cream. Mix it well until incorporated then stir in 2 tbsp cocoa powder. Keep this cream mixture aside.2 tbsp chocolate, 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
Make another Batter:
- Now take half cup warm water in another bowl, add sugar and coffee, then mix well.½ cup water, 3 tbsp sugar, ½ tsp Instant Coffee
To Assemble the Cake:
- Place one bread slice on a working surface and brush it with coffee mixture. Spread a white whipped cream mixture over this bread slice. Place another bread slice on top.5 Bread Slices
- Brush this slice with the coffee mixture then top it with chocolate whipped cream mixture. Now again, place another bread slice on top.
- Brush with coffee, then layer with white cream and place another bread slice. Top it with more coffee mixture and then with chocolate whipped cream.
- Place the fifth bread slice on top and then cover the bread layers with chocolate cream from all the sides.
Garnish and Serve:
- Cover the bread cake with grated chocolate liberally.Chocolate
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes then slice.
- To store the cream topping and filling, take two piping bags, and add the two parts of the cream in them separately.
- Seal the piping bags and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! Mention and Tag #kidstiffinbox on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to Subscribe our YouTube Channel to get more kids special recipes